- 15 for PADI Freediver Certification,
- 12 for PADI Basic Freediver course.
Enrollment Fee: $349.00
Use the calendar below to enroll in the next available Freediver course date. For more information, come in, email or call (407) 333-8856 to find out more.
Who should take this course?
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves.
To enroll in a PADI Freediver course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required.
Younger than 15? 12 year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Basic Freediver course and eight year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Skin Diver course.
What you will learn?
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™ (or your instructor may conduct class sessions).
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/30 feet. Open Water Sessions go to a maximum of 60ft
How you can start learning now
Come in to the shop. As a PADI Freediver Center we will get you the PADI Freediver Touch tablet app. The Touch is an interactive study tool that gives you the background information you need to freedive safely and allows you to learn at your own pace. Our PADI Freediver Instructor will check on your progress and make sure you understand important freediving information.
Good news – the PADI Freediver Touch also includes all learning materials for the PADI Advanced Freediver and Master Freediver courses.
In the PADI Freediver course, you learn to use a mask, snorkel and fins, and may also use a wetsuit and weight belt. Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this course, you may be able to use snorkeling equipment you already own, as long as it is free diving quality.
- 15 years old for PADI Freediver Certification,
- 12 years old for PADI Basic Freediver course.
Enrollment Fee: $349.00
- Use the calendar below to enroll in the next available Freediver course date. For more information, come in, email or call (407) 333-8856 to find out more.