APEKS EXOTEC PACKAGE
The Apeks Exotec BCD is a revolution in diving comfort, functionality and
seductive engineering design. The ethos behind Exotec is the synthesis of
equipment and diver. Created to fit like no other BCD and flow with the natural
movement of the diver’s body, through the innovative BioReact articulation.
Constructed with the usual, exacting Apeks build quality, the Exotec is a
paradigm of form and function.
• BioReact articulating waist system for maximum comfort and freedom of movement.
• GripTek fabric keeps the BCD is place both on the surface and underwater.
• The bladder is constructed from super-tough Armoguard slick skin for increased abrasion
resistance, faster drying and have a reduced risk of bacterial growth due to the slick surface.
• Anodized aluminium hardware is both strong and lightweight.
• G hook chest strap and tank retainer allow for 1 handed simple operation.
• 3 position height adjustable backplate allows for optimum fit.
• Adjustable waist and shoulders.
• 2 large pockets can be folded up flat when not in use to reduce drag.
• Wrapture Harness System – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-
thin back plate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the
BC from “riding-up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to
your center of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up
straight with a cylinder that is perfectly vertical.
• Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders, as well as either side of the
waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
• SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release.
Inserting weight is as simple as insert and “click”. With SureLock, your weights are secure in
the BC. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle.
• There are 4 dump valves in all, one in each corner. 3 are proprietary flat valves are very
streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at
the top of the Powerline inflator.
• The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This
environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the LP inflator hose tucked in securely.
• A dual bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation. This
keeps unit streamlined and reduces drag.
The XTX 200 is second only to the XTX Tungsten and quite rightly enjoys its position towards the top of the Apeks regulator
range. The definitive blend of style and high performance, every detail on this product has been carefully designed to offer a
regulator of the highest quality. Features a swivel hose for maximum comfort.
• Features an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). This system
gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large
exhaust tee. This gives the user a choice, wider exhaust tee for minimal
bubble interference (essential for underwater photography) and narrow
exhaust tee for a smaller compact comfortable regulator. The regulator is
supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
• An optional 5th port is available which features the additional bonus of an
integrated heat exchanger (available on the Tungsten, XTX200 first stages).
• Can be converted from a right-handed hose configuration to a left-handed
one. The process of changing the regulator to a left-handed configuration is
both quick and simple. However this procedure must ONLY be performed by
an APEKS Authorized Service Technician.
• Available in yoke or DIN configuration.
• Braided flexi-hoses are now standard on all models. These hoses are lighter
weight, more flexible and more durable.
• Suitable for coldwater use (below 10°C / 50°F).
• Compatible with EAN40 out of the box.
• FSR style first stage.
• Highly polished bright chrome plating.
• Compact one piece body.
• 4 angled medium pressure ports, 4 x 3/8” UNF.
• 2 angled high pressure ports, 2 x 7/16” UNF.
• Optional 5th port.
• Removable ARCAP valve seat.
• Unique over-balanced, diaphragm design - as the diver descends,
the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the
hose to increase at a rate faster than ambient. This results in superior
performance at depth.
• An environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring
chamber thus preventing ice buildup and keeping silt and contamination
• Pneumatically-balanced second stage results in smooth, easy breathing.
• The XTX purge buttons are large and easy to operate. A 2-stage
progressive purge is used - press the purge on the side for a lower
flow rate, useful where more control is required such as filling lift bags
etc, then press in the center for the full effect of the purge, i.e. when
regulator clearing etc.
• The large venturi lever has a soft touch rubber grip, which makes it
easier to locate and use. The lever reduces the amount of grit ingress
and therefore resists any possible friction giving a smooth operation.
• Easy-to-grip opening effort control knob keeps the diver in control.
• The second stage is manufactured with active protection against
infection as all moulded parts are produced with an additive that kills
MRSA, protects against E-Coli, bacteria and fungi, and is also very
effective against viruses, mould, yeast and algae.
• A silicone exhaust valve improves the breathing performance of the
• The Comfo-biteTM mouthpiece virtually eliminates jaw-fatigue.
• A heat exchanger (patented), which surrounds the valve mechanism,
dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the
warmth of the ambient water.
The XTX40 Octopus provides the same features and performance as the XTX40 second stage and includes
left / right hand reversibility. It comes with a high visibility yellow front cover and a 36” yellow hose.
Suitable for cold water use (below 10°C / 50°F).